4 November 2020
The debate took place on 27 October 2020 and was dedicated to the following theme: "Cinema Heritage of Central Asia. Conservation and Promotion Challenges".
During the debate, the panelists were discussing the following questions:
• Current state of the cinema heritage of Central Asia;
• Modern methods and international cooperation in the field of conservation and promotion of cinema heritage.
The following participants have contributed to the discussion:
• Eljon Abbasov – filmmaker, Director of the State Unitary Enterprise “Republican Film Fund” of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
• Aidarkhan Adilbayev – producer, Vice-President of “Kazakhfilm” Joint Stock Company;
• Sharofat Arabova – culture and film expert from Tajikistan, candidate of historical sciences, member of NETPAC (Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema), leading research fellow at the Department of Art Studies of the National Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, filmmaker at the Department of Fiction and Documentary Movies of “Tojikfilm” State Institution;
• Daniel Bird – Director of the Hamo Bek-Nazarov Project focused on film preservation and restoration in the South Caucasus and Central Asia;
• Saodat Ismailova – independent filmmaker and artist from Uzbekistan;
• Nigora Karimova – Doctor of Art Studies, film historian, head of the Department of Cinema and Theatre at the Institute of Art Studies under the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan, member of FIPRESCI (International Federation of Film Critics);
• Gulbara Tolomushova – film expert, member of the Filmmakers Union of Kyrgyzstan, FIPRESCI and NETPAC;
• Justine Waddell – Founder and Director of Kino Klassika Foundation that creates programs of restorations, publications, art commissions and events to spotlight Russian language cinema;
• Karen Chan – Executive Director of Asian Film Archive (Singapore).
Permanent link: http://en.unesco.kz/the-video-of-the-fourth-resiliart-debate-in-central-asia-is-now-available