1 August 2019
Commencing this International Youth Day (August 12, 2019), UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) is pleased to announce the launch of the #VirtualGandhiMarch, a social media campaign for the youth, encouraging young people to submit their acts of kindness to join MGIEP’s larger global campaign on #KindnessMatters for the SDGS! The #VirtualGandhiMarch will close with the celebration of Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th Birth Anniversary on the International Day of Non-Violence (October 2, 2019).Campaign details:
What is the #VirtualGandhiMarch? Inspired by Mahatma Gandhi’s historic Dandi March, the #VirtualGandhiMarch commences on the UN International Youth Day, August 12, 2019 and runs until the International Day of Non Violence/Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary, October 2, 2019. The virtual march is part of a wider mission, #KindnessMatters for the SDGS, a first-of-its-kind international youth campaign on kindness with the goal of mobilizing the world’s youth to achieve the 17 SDGs through transformative acts of kindness, compassion, care towards self, others and the environment.
How does it work?
• Young people are encouraged to share stories on social media about acts of kindness they've experienced or something kind they've done.
• Each participant will nominate/tag at least 3 more people to share their own stories/experiences.
• Participants sharing photos/videos/text are encouraged to use #VirtualGandhiMarch & #KindnessMatters to spread their message.
• UNESCO MGIEP will be reposting/sharing the most compelling global stories on social media channels as well as on the campaign website
• Channels on which the stories will be collected: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
• The best stories will also have an opportunity to be featured in a unique collaborative publication by UNESCO MGIEP and Penguin Random House on the #BestofKindnessMatters
How can you support the campaign?
Commencing today Friday (July 26, 2019), we’d like to invite you to support the #VirtualGandhiMarch by promoting the campaign on your organisation’s social media channels and through your email networks, encouraging young people to participate in the campaign.
For further details, please click here
Permanent link: http://en.unesco.kz/virtual-campaign-kindnessmatters